Purgatory With Pantagraphs

From the depths of commuter hell, comes Purgatory with Pentagraphs. These are the continuing stories of the brave souls who commute daily to Chicago on the South Shore electric train, and the muggles who are unfortunate enough to meet them.

Hi, is it Patty or Selma?

So last week I am standing on the platform waiting for the train to go home at Van Buren, when some older woman walks up right next to me. She procedes to light up a cig, and manages to chain smoke two of them in less than 10 minutes. I don't mind if people smoke (people do all kinds of stupid things they know can kill them, heck we might as well tax them for it) but don't walk up to someone who clearly isn't smoking and start. So once one of the guys walked up and asked me what was going on in the Sox game I was listening to, I launched on a profanity filled tirade. I got the requisite dirty looks, but not the "do you mind" that I was hoping for. I was hoping to unload right back on the inconsiderate bitch, but she instead shook her head and tore into her second Virgina Slim. Wuss.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger southsider2k5 said…

    Passive aggressive is way more fun. It also usually gets a seat alone quicker.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home