Purgatory With Pantagraphs

From the depths of commuter hell, comes Purgatory with Pentagraphs. These are the continuing stories of the brave souls who commute daily to Chicago on the South Shore electric train, and the muggles who are unfortunate enough to meet them.

My day as a muggle

Sometimes it happens to the best of us. Yes we are brought down to the very thing we have come to hate so much. For a day, I was [cue drama crying] a MUGGLE!

Last week I went down to Comiskey Park for one of the White Sox playoff games, and instead of getting raped sideways to pay to park, I instead took the Red Line option for $1.75. I was almost the very picture of a tourist. I had my camera, backpack, and couldn't figure out where in the hell to put my farecard. All I really needed were 6 kids and a boatload of American Girl place crap to complete the picture.

Then to complete the circle, one of my dear friends gave me a bunch of babyshower gifts complete with a huge Babies R Us bag. Add that to an overnight bag, backpack, and camera bag, and yes Mr Muggle was in full effect. I got to drag all of that crap onto the 4:30 train, but at least I was smart enough to utilize the overhead racks, instead of pulling the bogus packages=seats crap that most muggles try to get away with.

Now I have to find a therapist to cry on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home