Purgatory With Pantagraphs

From the depths of commuter hell, comes Purgatory with Pentagraphs. These are the continuing stories of the brave souls who commute daily to Chicago on the South Shore electric train, and the muggles who are unfortunate enough to meet them.

American Idol Chit-Chat

It has been quiet lately for the most part on the old South Shore train. The closest thing to interesting stuff was the end of last week when all of the American Idol muggles crowded on to try out for their chance at stardom. They were all so cute in their special little costumes, and that dreamy look in their eyes. I only wish I could have been their to watch them get ripped by the judges. Most didn't say much, but of course there were the dopey few who didn't realize that it was 4 o'clock in the morning, and that means to sit down and STFU.

My favorite Idolee wasn't met on the train, but rather standing by herself in front of the Sears Tower, all alone, at 5:45 in the AM. She had on her cute little had, and snappy little outfit, to go along with a suitcase, all to charm my hero Simon Cowell. As I was walking past her, she mustered up the courage to speak to a complete stranger in big city.

Idolette "Excuse me, could you tell me where "Lake Shore" is?"

Me-"You mean Lake Shore Drive?"

Idolette "Yeah"

Me- "Its a mile and a half that way" (points toward the big assed lake that dominates the eastern horizion)

I guess I am just an old softy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home