Purgatory With Pantagraphs

From the depths of commuter hell, comes Purgatory with Pentagraphs. These are the continuing stories of the brave souls who commute daily to Chicago on the South Shore electric train, and the muggles who are unfortunate enough to meet them.

3 Gorditias and a Polka-Playing midget

Things have been slow around PWP lately, what with the Muggles back to work, and the mugglelitos back in school. I was all set to write a fluffer piece today about the latest key word search on MSN that found PWP being "lactivists", but that all changed this morning.

I stood up to get into line to get off of my morning train, right about at my usual place. When I looked into the vestibule today, a wonderous sight shown down on me. There were the usual 3 gorditas cramming themselves in there, trying to be the first one off of the train, but tucked nicely into the drivers window was a short little dude with a headset on. The guy was about 5'2" tops, and that was if he had 6 inch heels on. Anyway, when I opened the door to the vestibule, I was struck by the unmistakable sound of polka music screaming out of his headset. Then I was struck by the irony. All of the gorditas who annoy everyone else by getting in everyone else's way to be the first off of the train, were stuck in a closed area, with polka music blaring loudly out of a near-midgets headset. Now this is one time I enjoyed volume theory in action, and I hope to see it again on a daily basis.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger southsider2k5 said…

    Artistic interpretation, maybe. But the core is true, there was a short guy listening to polka really loud in the vestibule, with 3 annoyed gorditas present. That much is 100% true.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home