Purgatory With Pantagraphs

From the depths of commuter hell, comes Purgatory with Pentagraphs. These are the continuing stories of the brave souls who commute daily to Chicago on the South Shore electric train, and the muggles who are unfortunate enough to meet them.

Rebel's without a Clue

I knew the day was going to be a bad one, as soon as the herd paraded out onto the platform. High school kids. Millions of them as far as the eye could see. Only this group wasn't your average high school kids, these were different. I don't know if it was the popcan tab earrings, or the ample purple hairdye that clued me in first, but these kids had a severe case of Rebels Without a Clue. Of course all of them were spoiled little rich white kids from suburbia, and none of them acted or looked like they had ever been out of the house before. Then again after I saw the mom who had a hat that was stolen straight out of a Boy George video in "I love the 80's", I knew that there might be a reason for their wanting to dissassociate themselves from their parents.

Well usually when you see one of these groups nearing, the prudent thing to do is to make a move and try to sit somewhere else. Well with our luck, the train switches at the Randolph station wouldn't work, so the train was 15 minutes late getting to Van Buren. This meant 15 more minutes of fun with our new friends. I don't know if I have ever been so happy as to see the bright flashing lights of the train coming down the track. Let me just say it didn't get better. After that we managed to sit down next to the Plastic Surgeon mentioned in the previous post... Eep somedays, it doesn't pay to be a commuter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home