Purgatory With Pantagraphs

From the depths of commuter hell, comes Purgatory with Pentagraphs. These are the continuing stories of the brave souls who commute daily to Chicago on the South Shore electric train, and the muggles who are unfortunate enough to meet them.

She's got a ticket to ride, but he don't care

Yeah, so its been forever since there was an update in Purgatory. I guess we have decided to model our posting habits after the South Shore maintenece crew's work schedule and only post when I feel like it...

Anyways, so we are riding the train home the other day, and there was a few of the mainstays crammed into two different four seaters, along with some muggles, who were all but too happy to steal our seats and enjoy our conversations.

Our Favorite Conductor comes along, and as it was the first of the month, he thought that he would put on a show for us and actually do his job. He grabbed the ticket of one of our newer commuter gang (who has not been nicknamed, yet) and proceded to punch her ticket 4 straight times. Well this just impressed the crap out of her, as she bragged to everyone that

"(OFC) punched my ticket four times!"

Of course the conversation went right into the gutter, as Nerd chimed in...

"Damn, its a good month if my husband punches my ticket four times!"

She then turned to me and asked...

"So how about you (Southsider), do you punch your wife's ticket often?"

"Hell yeah, my wife gets her ticket punched regularly, I am still young!"

Nerd replied,

"Just because you make the motion, doesn't mean she is getting her ticket punched!

To which I slammed dunked with...

"It don't matter if the ticket is getting punched, all that matters is that I get to ride on the train!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home